build a browser-based game. In Build an HTML5 Game, you’ll use your skills to create a truly cross
platform bubble-shooter game — playable in both desktop and mobile browsers.
Through the book’s in-depth, hands-on tutorial, you’ll
learn how to:
- Make things explode with a jQuery plugin
- Use hitboxes and geometry to detect collisions
- Implement game logic to display levels and respond to player input
- Convey changes in game state with animation and sound
- Add flair to a game interface with CSS transitions and transformations
- Gain pixel-level control over your game display with the HTML canvas
The programming starts right off in Chapter 1. No hemming and hawing, history, or throat clearing.
Exercises at the end of each chapter challenge you to dig into the bubble shooter’s code and modify the game.
Go ahead. Take the plunge. Learn to create a complete HTML5 game right now, and then use your newfound skills to build your own mega-popular, addictive game.